Translational Research & Innovation Centre (TRIC-KU)
Near Department of Environmental Science, South Campus, University of Kerala
Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram -695 581
Objectives of the TRIC:
- To promote invention, innovation and Entrepreneurship in Translational Research
- To understand the societal needs and promote interdisciplinary research and scientific interactions between various University Departments & startups from outside the University to convert basic data into interventions that improve the quality of human life.
- To collaborate the industries to launch cost-effective devices, equipment, medicines etc. and devise strategies to improve the quality of human life.
- To nourish an ecosystem in the University for preparing technological and product development capabilities.
- To influence research and development resources in both Kerala and outside in transforming the basic research ideas into actualized products for the market and from there to the society.
- Fill the communication gap among different players of the translation process and provide an optimal platform of sharing the information related to the efforts connecting basic science to product launch.
- Channelize tight collaboration in the discovery-to-product translation process between Scientists and Engineers.
- To be recognized as a globally renowned centre of Excellence in Translational Research in the coming decade.
TRIC has collaborations with TIPS-TIMED of SCTIMST provide specific services such as patent search reports, patentability reports, patent drafting support, advisory on patent filing, novelty search report.
Details of Office bearers of TRIC-KU:
|Dr. Viji Vijayan
|Krishna Raj K. G.
|Faizal M. F.
The Intellectual Property Rights Cell (IPR Cell) functions in the TRIC-KU building with Dr. Sibi K. S., Assistant Professor, Dept. Of Physics, University of Kerala as its Director.
A Patent application form is available to those affiliated with the University who wishes to patent their products or processes. Click here to download
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM FACULTY MEMBERS, STUDENTS & ALUMNI UNDER OR AFFILIATED WITH THE UNIVERSITY FOR PATENTING PROCESSES. THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED MAY PLEASE CONTACT US THROUGH EMAIL.